Public keep facing man-made disasters like Vizag Gas leakage. A socially responsible governance makes provisions for adequate compensation. Vizag Gas tragedy saw 11 deaths and many hospitalised. These victims are either directly or indirectly engaged with factory or may be residents in nearby locality.
These victims can claim compensation as detailed below:
- Through ex gratia payment announced by Central and State Government. If anyone is a victim then authorities should have details of Aadhaar, bank details and hospital certificate.
2. Such accidents are also covered under Public Liability Act and a claim is payable by submitting all details in a prescribed form to the District Collector. These are third party liability to be honoured by the Insurance company.
· Rs. 25,000/- on death
· Rs. 25,000/- on permanent disability
· Rs. 12,500/- for hospitalisation
· Rs. 1,000/- as monthly relief
· Rs. 6,000/- for property damage
3. Under the Public Liability Act 1991, all factories must insure themselves for minimum sum assured of Rs. 5 crores. It provides indemnity to factory owners. The liability covers accidents due to hazardous substances.
4. A factory owner also takes Workman Compensation and Personal Accident Policy. So, employed workers can also claim compensation under both covers.
5. Lastly, self insurance covers would also be payable as per the policy conditions.
Awareness of coverage and claim process would ensure early settlement. If you are facing any difficulty with regards to your Life / Health Insurance claims against the Vizag Gas Tragedy, you can contact us at Insurance Samadhan. We are always there to help! At InsuranceSamadhan.com, we have helped resolve over 12,600 customer grievance cases in the past related to all types of Insurances, ULIPs and other financial products.
To reach us at InsuranceSamadhan.com –
Call us at – 844 844 0626
Mail us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Register your insurance complaint here