Insurance is a wise decision of risk management. Today we live in an uncertain world and carry many risks.
There is a choice to manage your risk by creating an emergency fund for medical needs or transferring the risk to an insurance company. After the outbreak of Covid, everyone needs to understand that it is crucial to have some insurance products.
Following are some of the benefits of health insurance:
8 Reasons to buy a Health Insurance
- Provides safety and security: Health insurance will give you a sense of safety and security because you know that medical expenses will be covered through health insurance.
- Transfer of risk: In insurance, the risk of an uncertain event is shifted from you to your insurer. If an uncertain event arises, your insurer will compensate you for the loss as the insurer will step into the shoes of the insured.
- Covers medical expenses: Health insurance plans cover medical costs. It compensates for hospitalization expenses, ambulance charges, doctor’s consultation fees, medicines and drug expenses, etc.
- Covers critical illness: If you have bought a critical illness cover then it covers life-threatening diseases like kidney failure, bone marrow transplant, loss of limbs, etc., subject to a predetermined list of your policy. If the disease is included in the predetermined list (mentioned in the insurance policy document), you will be eligible to receive a lump sum amount as a claim.
- Cashless claim benefits: Hospitalization expenses can be settled between the insurer and the hospital if, the hospital falls within the approved network. A cashless claim facility is available only if you have been admitted to a PPN hospital. However, if your claim doesn’t get approved or you have opted for a non-PPN hospital, then you can get reimbursement.
- No more stress: Lack of peace of mind emerging from the uncertainties in life creates stress. A stressful mind will lead to a reduction in the efficiency and productivity of individuals. With the peace of mind ensured by health insurance, you can concentrate on your work and be productive.
- Tax Benefit: As per section 80 D of the Income Tax Act, you can avail of a tax deduction (subject to certain terms and conditions) on the premium paid towards your health policy.
- Avail no claim bonus: A no claim bonus is offered for not making a claim. For every claim-free year, a reward is given as no claim bonus. Click here to know about no claim bonus in car insurance
Things to keep in mind when you decide to buy a health insurance policy
- Verify whether the company selling you the health policy is registered with IRDAI or not.
- Remember to buy the policy from a licensed agent. Ask for his ID card or license to verify his identity.
- You can also approach an insurance company directly.
- Carefully read the policy brochure and understand the policy terms and conditions. You must be aware of the inclusions and exclusions of the insurance policy.
Take your time before buying a policy. Even during the free-look period, you can terminate your policy without any penalty.
If you have any grievances related to insurance, you can contact Insurance Samadhan. We have helped resolve 14,500+ complaints of policyholders. We’ll be happy to help you.