According to Motor Vehicles Act 1988, it is important for every vehicle on Indian road to have valid insurance cover and likewise, a bike insurance policy is also required. Most bike dealers will give your policy when you buy a bike just because it is necessary but you might not like the terms that come with it and choose to get insurance yourself. There are many bike insurances that you can easily buy online but it is important you check them for authentication at the very onset or you might be in for an unpleasant surprise when you go forward to make a insurance claim.
Here are top 8 tips for authentication of Bike Insurance Policy
- It is important that you confirm with your insurance company and check whether the policy is genuine or not. All you have to do is provide the insurance number mentioned in the policy document and the company will tell you if the insurance is genuine.
- You must also check the policy details with the details of your bike. The bike’s engine number, chassis number, year of registration and other relevant information should be mentioned in the policy document. You should also check for typographic error so that there are no rooms for doubt whatsoever while making a claim.
- You should also check the coverage details of the policy and you should check the policy document for coverage start, end date, and the coverage amount, along with the premium that you have agreed to pay. Make sure you are getting exactly what you are paying your premiums for to purchase the policy.
- You should thoroughly check the insurance company from which you are buying the insurance. If you are new to this, chances are that some unscrupulous broker will try to get the better of you and sell you a fake policy from a fake company. Check the IRDAI website for details regarding the insurance company and check for their license.
- You should pay using only the payment link that is sent by the insurer. While buying a bike insurance policy, the insurance company will send you a payment link of the email address that you entered while filling up the online form and you will be redirected to the company’s website from there. You can check the policy details and pay the premium from here and double check the details in the process.
- It is important that you buy your bike insurance from a credible source. There are so many bike insurance companies out there who will try to lure you with low premiums but be wary. They are probably too good to be true and you should not fall prey to fake companies just to save a few bucks. You will end up losing a lot more when you see there is no company to listen to your claim.
- It is a good idea to create a payment trail and pay online through your debit card or credit card. That helps create a record and establishes the authenticity of your purchase and acts as payment proof.
- You must provide the insurance company with your email so that they can send you an e-copy of your policy. They should send you a confirmation of your purchase as soon as you made the payment and if the copy is not send, then contact the company immediately so that they can send you a soft copy.
By following the above mentioned tips, you will be able to safeguard your bike against any mishaps and you will make sure that your transactions are authentic. This will help you take care of any contingencies and your money will be well spent.